Capital Region Parrot Society
1) Birds that have been adopted out through the Capital Region Parrot Society are not to be bred, sold, given away or used for any monetary gains under any circumstances. If you are no longer able to keep the bird(s) for any reason you are to contact us immediately. This is also outlined in the adoption contract.
2) Birds will not be adopted out as gifts.
3) Capital Region Parrot Society reserves the right to stop an adoption at any time.
FEES & CHARGES:
To help defray the costs and to help fund our future services we have established the following fees which we require upon completion of a successful adoption. We accept checks (made out to Capital Region Parrot Society) and cash.
All fees are Non-Refundable.
*Adoption fee will be discussed at time of adoption
Why do we charge a fee?
• When a bird is relinquished to CRPS sometimes we find it imperative to purchase a new cage when we deem the present one unfit for the bird.
• Not all birds come to CRPS healthy. For this reason an immediate veterinarian assessment is needed and any medical treatment deemed necessary will be provided to ensure the bird gets on a healthy journey.
• Some birds come to us on a very poor diet and lack cage accessories which are vital to their healthy well-being. This requires CRPS to purchase perches, toys and proper pellet diet for the bird.
• If someone is not able to afford an adoption fee how are they going to be able to pay for an avian veterinarian, proper food and toys?